Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Get Soaked

I'm not sure about you, but I'm a water baby.  Being in water, whether it's a pool, lake, or other body of water, just makes me feel calm.  So, it's no surprise that I love a good bath.  There's just something about sinking down to my chin in warm water that makes everything right in the world.

That's why I'm so in love with our bath salts and our milk & honey bath powder.  If I'm physically worn out from a day of working in the garden or just chasing the kids, the mineral rich bath salts ease away the aches and pains of the day.  You wouldn't think that something as simple as that would work, but it really does!  

And, when I just want to feel indulgent, the milk & honey bath powder does it for me.  We all know that milk baths are great for the skin (Cleopatra taught us that), but do you know why?  Milk contains lactic acid which is a wonderfully natural exfoliant.  It will leave your skin silky soft without all the harsh scrubbing (because, really, I find loofahs rather scratchy).  So, why include the honey?  Well, honey is a humectant.  That means it helps retain moisture.  Combined with the milk, the benefit is skin that is not only soft but will stay that way!  Plus, it smells divine!

Try one (or both!) today; but beware.  Once you try them, you may end up loving the bath so much that you may not want to get out!

No comments:

Post a Comment